Lean in Sales and Marketing orBy
Sales and Marketing in Lean. I have always had a tendency to write about Lean in Sales and Marketing. And, I have written a lot:
- Lean Marketing House (More Info): A starting point for creating true iterative marketing cycles based on not only Lean principles but more importantly Customer Value. Recommended 1st reading of series.
- Marketing with PDCA (More Info): Targeting what your Customer Values at each stage of the cycle will increase your ability to deliver quicker, more accurately and with better value than your competitor. It is a moving target and the principles of Lean and PDCA facilitates the journey to Customer Value.
- Marketing with A3(More Info): Enables sales and marketing to use the Lean tool of A3 as a structured approach for their problem solving, strategies and tactics.
- Lean Engagement Team(More Info): The ability to share and create knowledge with your customer is the strongest marketing tool possible.
However, I believe that was only one approach and the other approach I have failed to address directly and that is Sales and Marketing in Lean. I was recently approached by several sales and marketing people for that very reason and looked for a course that I could recommend for them. I never found what I was quite looking for. I found the traditional Lean Terms and a few Lean Services, but never found one that explained Lean from the outside-in. The way a Sales and Marketing person would view it. I put together a 90 day course outline:
- Principles of Lean
- SDCA – Standard Work
- PDCA – Continuous Improvement,
- EDCA – Lean Design (Explore)
- Leader Standard Work - Standard Work
- Kaizen & Kaizen Events – Continuous Improvement
- Lean 3P – Lean Design, Product Development
- Mapping – Process, Value Stream, etc.
- Learning A3s
- Hoshin Kanri
- Applying Sales and Marketing in Lean 1
- Applying Sales and Marketing in Lean 2
Would you add anything? Is there anything I am missing? Your thoughts?