Learn to create and use A3s in Sales and Marketing for problem-solving, discovering opportunities and sustaining implementations. Transverse the Marketing Gateway of SDCA-PDCA-EDCA.
When most Lean Organizations try to introduce Lean to sales and marketing they seldom take the time to develop Lean Thinking. They first start trying to apply the tools of Lean or trying to building a culture of Lean. It is a very difficult thing to do. Using the A3 Thinking Process gives a systemic way of implementing Lean Thinking in Sales and Marketing. Through the A3 tool, mindset you learn to think in Lean terms. However, the process cannot be just a fill in the box exercise, it has to be practiced. In this program learn how to…
- Be able to create and use A3s in Sales and Marketing for problem-solving, discovering opportunities and sustaining implementations.
- Understand how you should set-up teams for each type of A3s.
- Iterate within and with multiple A3s.
- Transverse the Marketing Gateway of SDCA-PDCA-EDCA.
You are expected to have a basic knowledge of an A3. If not, I recommend Jamie Flinchbaugh’s eBook, A3 Problem Solving: Applying Lean Thinking. You can find it on Amazon for $7.50. Consider it a pre-requisite for the course. The course consists of 5 sessions and you will have access for 6-weeks to a individual project board to interact with me. The board will act as our facilitation point and will allow you and your team (limited to 4) to ask any questions, upload any work and create your own A3s along the way. After the 6 weeks, there would be additional charge for continued coaching, but the board will remain active for a total of 90 days. You can download all the material from the board.
In addition to the A3 program, you will receive a complimentary PDF download of the Marketing with Lean 5-Pack Book Series:
- Lean Marketing House (More Info): A starting point for creating true iterative marketing cycles based on not only Lean principles but more importantly Customer Value. Recommended 1st reading of series.
- Marketing with PDCA (More Info): Targeting what your Customer Values at each stage of the cycle will increase your ability to deliver quicker, more accurately and with better value than your competitor. It is a moving target and the principles of Lean and PDCA facilitates the journey to Customer Value.
- Marketing with A3 (More Info): Enables sales and marketing to use the Lean tool of A3 as a structured approach for their problem solving, strategies and tactics.
- Lean Engagement Team (More Info): The ability to share and create knowledge with your customer is the strongest marketing tool possible.
- CAP-Do (More Info): What makes CAP-Do so attractive is that it assumes we do not have the answers. It allows us to create a systematic way to address the problems (pain) or opportunities (gain) from the use of our products and services.
1. The Improvement Gap:
- SALES PDCA – the Culture of Lean
- Developing a Problem Solving team
- Problem Solving Process
- Completing your first A3
2. Creating a Standard
- SALES SDCA – Creating a Standard
- Developing a team for Standard work
- Standard Work
- Creating a Standard Process from PDCA
3. Innovation A3
- SALES EDCA – Innovation and Exploration
- Developing a team for Exploring
- Using an A3 for Breakthrough Thinking
- Moving an Exploration Process to PDCA
4. Reflection A3
- SALES CAP-DO – Reflection and Discovery
- The Starting Point for Understanding
- Using an A3 for Synchronicity and Presencing
- Deciding what’s next for you or your organization
5. A3 Marketing Plan
- Strategic Context
- Situation Review
- Strategy Formulation
- Resource Allocation and Monitoring
6. Bonus Material
- Strength-Based A3s
- Using A3s for Sales Support
- Agile Project Management
- Training within Industry