Can you help bring your product/service alive by giving it a voice?
From the book The Objects of Experience by Wood & Latham, https://amzn.to/2HczhNC
- Name the object. Give it an actual name, as if you were naming a pet.
- Decide on its personality. Is it mean, nice, sneaky, smart, young, old, funny
- What kinds of things does this object like to do? List hobbies, favorite pastimes, favorite food, color, etc.
- In reference to the big idea, write three things this object has to say. Write it in the form of a quote.
- Take a photograph of your object. Print it out.
- When everyone has done this for their objects, introduce your new friend to the rest of the group.
Afterward, review the space or setting that people will experience your product/service. Does it fit?