Good video with Eric Ries talking about startups of course but with a slightly different slant, “Stop Wasting Peoples Time.” He takes the Lean Startup to a different level talking a little more about entrepreneurship management. He claims that it needs to change because of the level of uncertainly that exist. He goes on to discusses the general myths or perceptions of the Lean Startup:
- Perception:Lean Startup is about cheap.
- Fact: It’s about speed.
- Perception: Lean Startup is only for software companies
- Fact: Applies to all companies that face uncertainty about what customer will want.
- Perception: Lean Startups are small bootstrap startups
- Fact: Are ambitious and are able to deploy large amounts of capital.
- Perception: Lean Startups replace vision with data or customer feedback
- Fact: Are driven be compelling vision and are rigorous about testing.
If you would like to learn more about the Lean Startup:
Eric Ries’s blog: http://www.startuplessonslearned.com/
Using Theory of Constraints to handle Uncertainty in Decision Making
Stanford Entrepreneurship Center: Evangelizing for the Lean Startup
Why a Lean Startup is hot and Lean/Six Sigma is not!!
Key Marketing Concepts from the Korean War